"Making Turbocharger Technology Work"
Cartech Fuel Rail Kit
Parts List for Fuel Rail Kit 86/95 5.0 Ford
A. Install Fuel Rails
1) Remove factory chrome feed, return lines, and fuel rails. (Contents may be under pressure, Take Caution) Remove injectors from original rails. Clean and cover to keep dirt and dust out.
2) Take CarTech Fuel Rails and install desired fittings. Using teflon tape. When using teflon tape do not run tape over the hole in the end, as pieces of teflon can get into an injector and clog it. (See diagrams 1 & 4 on following pages for proper fitting use. We recommend using diagram 1 with a CarTech fuel pressure regulator) Do NOT over tighten fittings into fuel rails, it can cause the rails to leak if done improperly.
3) Take injectors and install them into the CarTech rails by using silicon spray or WD-40. Be careful not to pinch the injector o-rings and take your time. Once in, rotate clips to the outside of the rails.
4) Set rails on the intake. The rail that is capped off goes to the front on the drivers side. Use the spacers provided between the intake and the brackets if needed. (Stock distributor will need spacers on drivers side only and MSD requires no spacers)
5) Run -8 Braided Line in the back as a crossover. Then run the fuel inlet on passenger side and -6 return out of the drivers side to the fuel regulator.
6) When cutting braided line - mark it from the middle of the fitting, then wrap duct tape (or suitable tape) over the hose, center the mark on the hose to the center of the tape. Cut it with a saw, wheel, band saw or hack saw. De-burr and install into receiver part of the fitting (red part) and turn counter clock wise until hose is positioned just below the threads in the receiver fitting. Spray silicone or WD-40 into this hose and fitting. Then install the other part of the fitting. Be careful not to strip the threads. Tighten until both parts of the fitting are flush. Some adjustments may be required to ensure all fittings line up w/ no bind in the hose.
7) When running your fuel line, do not run any lines through the drive shaft tunnel, not do you want to mount the fuel regulator to the firewall. Fuel lines must be on the outside of the frame rails and/or frame connectors. ANY deviation from these specific instructions could cause your vehicle to fail technical inspection or be disquilified from any N.H.R.A. owned or operated track, or any track following the N.H.R.A rules. For further rules and regulations on fuel systems, please refer to page 140, section 1:5 of the 1996 N.H.R.A. Rule Book
8) Tighten all of the fittings at all of the joints and prime the fuel system. DO NOT start your engine! Just prime to check for leaks at the injectors, rail fittings, regulator, and fuel inlet. To properly set and check pressures, it is recommended that you use a fuel pressure check gauge at the regulator or an -8 to -8 fitting supplied in the fuel systems. An under the hood gauge as well as a cowl or inside your car gauge will help in tuning your engine to its peak performance. Note: Do NOT run fuel inside the car; An isolator kit will be needed for cockpit mounted fuel pressure gauges.
9) Once you have checked for leaks, start engine and check again. Periodically check fittings and hoses for leaks as well.
B. Install Fuel Rail Fittings
These fuel rail fittings are made for those individuals running large fuel lines and you DO NOT want to weld them to the stock rails. We have Dyno proven these fittings to approximately 625 bhp with our Stage 1 Fuel system. We tried dual and up to four inlets on the stock rails with all known fuel regulators and NO gain in power was achieved by any of these methods. You stock fuel rails will have to be replaced with our ½ id Fuel Rails to gain more power.
1) Remove factory Chrome feed and return
lines. Caution: Contents may be under pressure
2) Once the shells are in place, Take
the appropriate hose clamps provided and clamp it to the outer
portion of the shells and tighten.
C. See Stock tank diagram to_______
Send mail to
questions or comments about this web site.